Wednesday, October 15, 2014

WebQuest on the brain...

When hearing the word "Quest," I think of a goal, a journey, direction, exploration and adventure. Thinking about it now, those are words I would include in my developing teaching philosophy. Browsing through previous student WebQuests I found that using "wix.com" was a useful website to create with. I checked out the site and saw many creative and cleanly designed templates that I could envision myself using! I also played around with a tool called "canva" that I could use a large variety of font, picture, background, and clip art options to create my own visuals that I could also feature on personal blogs, social media and for my WebQuest!

What do I want to teach? Through what tools? How will students navigate, participate, brainstorm and create? What mediums will they use if making hands on artwork? How do I work with time management in regards to having five, forty-two minute class sessions for students to complete the whole WebQuest? MANY QUESTIONS! MUCH BRAINSTORM TO HAPPEN!

I began to browse through the Judy Chicago Art Education Collection and found myself lost in thought. I could ramble on and on about my various thoughts, links I clicked on and slides I enjoyed seeing but I will try to keep this post as condensed as I can..... pff! Like that ever works!

Two of the "Teaching Projects" I really found myself connecting with were:

"At Home"            &            "Evoke/Invoke/Provoke"


In thinking of using these projects as resources and inspiration for my future WebQuest for the students, I began jotting down themes, ideas and overall concepts that could be pulled out, expanded upon and implemented in the WebQuest.

some ideas.... very general but food for thought in this early stage...

AT HOME:

-Structures
-Memory
-Place
-Identity
-Space
-Objects/Material things (in general, not just home)



EVOKE/INVOKE/PROVOKE

-Power
-Protest
-Identity
-Boundaries
-Secrets
-Investigation
-Change


purple themes are ones I feel stronger with but this may not remain true, open to ideas of others, advice and critique!








No comments:

Post a Comment