Monday, September 8, 2014

Rationale

     [interface meets teaching philosophy] 

 For my technological interface, I chose the interactive projection screens to use in my envisioned classroom. The use of these interactive projections on both walls and floors would allow for a collaborative experience for the students. All working together, experiencing the same visuals and movements at the same time, they will witness  each other react and continue to create. In my vision of my class, all students are intrigued, fully present and inspired to participate as well as push their personal boundaries. Especially for students who are fearful, insecure or unsure of creating art, I hope to make them feel both comfortable and in the end proud. I want students to feel as though the class is a team, myself included, and we will take on all concepts, tasks, and obstacles together. The interactive projections allow for technology to enter and flourish in the room but can still be based off of or feature people, places and things throughout history until present day. We may learn about Van Gogh like students did in the 70's, but perhaps we will learn about him and I will showcase his artwork on large screens rather than small textbook images on the pages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment